Background & Mission
This page explains our philosophy, goals and objectives, followed by the American Warmblood Registry Mission Statement and Rule Book.
American Warmblood Registry Mission Statement
- To record and preserve the pedigrees of the American Warmblood Registry Sporthorses while maintaining the integrity of the breed.
- To provide beneficial services for its Members, which enhance and encourage American Warmblood Registry Sporthorse ownership.
- To develop educational programs, materials, and curriculum that will position American Warmblood Registry as the leading resource organization in the American Sporthorse Breeding Industry.
- To develop an Awards program to encourage its members to actively show it’s horses as American Warmblood Registry horses.
- To increase membership in the American Warmblood Registry via marketing, promotion, advertising, and publicity.
- To achieve greater visibility, the American Warmblood Registry publishes WARMBLOOD NEWS on a monthly basis. In addition, an Annual YEARBOOK is produced and distributed free of charge to its members and the general public.
- Breed Show sponsorship in place since 1984 with the inception of In-Hand Breed classes at Dressage at Devon in Pennsylvania USA.
- Licensed Breed Judge Training Program established in 1996.
- Annual Awards Program established in 2000.
- Young Breeders Educational Program established in 2005.